While other companies base their inspection fees on the overall price of the home, Spotlight Inspection Services bases pricing on the age, size, and location of the home.
View A Sample Report that will be delivered to you within 24 hours of the inspection completion.View First Sample Report View Second Sample Report
General Home Inspection
A home inspection is an unbiased evaluation of your homes structural, mechanical, and physical components. Our primary concern is the safety of your family. Hidden issues can cost new homeowners thousands and thousands of dollars. Most inspections will take anywhere from 2-3 hours and afterward, we will provide you with an in-depth report of every portion of your home, along with digital photos taken during the inspection.
We will physically complete the following items during your inspection:
- Walk the property and assess the foundation, grading, siding, walls, driveways, sidewalks and all general components.
- Enter the attic and crawl space to assess the insulation value, structure, ventilation and foundation of your home.
- Open your fireplace, work the damper, and evaluate the interior fire box for deficiencies
- Test a proportionate amount of electrical outlets in every room, and test GFCIs and smoke detectors for safety.
- Operate every faucet and plumbing fixture in every bathroom, utility, kitchen and exterior of your home.
- Operate the sump pump for assessment, unless the pit is dry.
- Open a proportionate amount of windows in every room of the house.
- Observe the roof of your new home to assess the condition, age, and functionality of the roofing material, gutters, downspouts, vents, chimneys and flashings present.
- Remove the furnace cover to assess the interior portion of the fire chamber, operate the furnace and air conditioner.
- Remove the electrical panel box cover to assess the inner wiring for safety issues
- Operate the garage door openers and assess the safety returns.
- Operate all built in appliances, disposal, and run a full cycle on the dishwasher in the kitchen.
- Instruct you on how to turn off your main water supply, main electrical supply, main gas supply, change the water temperature on the water heater, operate your furnace and change your filters.
- Deliver a narrative report including digital photography, summary sections, and detailed recommendations for corrective actions needed within 24 hours of completion of inspection.